Panel will consist of leading technology business leaders and professionals.
CII J&K Council, a chapter within India’s leading industry body The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has announced plans to collaborate with leading technology analytics, consulting and research firm Techarc, as knowledge partner in setting up its first of its kind Technology Panel of eminent technology business leaders and professionals, which will act as a think tank / advocacy group fostering Technology driven transformation in the UT.
The panel will actively engage government, academia, and the businesses to work on increasing the uptake of technology and latest interventions driving innovations in products, services, and functions.
The key objectives of the panel will be to: –
§ Engage with government to drive advocacy regarding implementation of e-governance, smart city, and other digital / technology initiatives of various departments of the government.
§ Promote and foster entrepreneurship in the digital domain through mentorship, funding and industry connect.
Today a virtual panel discussion was organised to formalise the setting up of the Technology Panel. On this occasion, Mr Ehsan Javed, Vice Chairman CII J&K Council said, “Through this initiative we want to create an ecosystem where IT and associated sectors can thrive in the UT resulting in digital startups and entrepreneurs. At the same time, the panel will help existing businesses leverage latest technology interventions to innovate and transform.”
Faisal Kawoosa, Founder & Chief Analyst, Techarc said, “This will be a unique forum which brings together pool of vast experience and expertise in the technology sector. As knowledge partners our endeavour would be to bring in as much as resources to the panel to benefit the relevant stakeholders.”
Prominent speakers in the session included:
- Mr Parvez Dewan (IAS) Former Advisor to the Honourable Governor / Union Secretary
- Dr M J Zarabi, Former CMD SCL / Director ITI Ltd / Chairman BoG NIT Srinagar
- Ehsan Javed – Vice Chairman, CII J&K Council
- Randeep Raina – CTO Nokia India
- Monica Dhawan – Independent Director, J&K Bank
- Asim Khan – Director, STPI Srinagar
- Parvez Sheikh – CEO STC Pvt Ltd
- Rajesh Kaul – Founder and CEO Triotech / LMES
- Dr. Noour Zehgeer – Chief Business Officer, Suncupid Technologies, Hong Kong
- Sanjay Sapru, Director Sales, Oracle India
- Khurshid Dar, Head CII J&K Chapter
- Faisal Kawoosa, Founder & Chief Analyst, Techarc.
The panel will be conducting a series of activities which includes research, engagement programmes, advisory sessions, mentoring sessions, and a newsletter to showcase the success stories and other enabling activities helping the technology sector grow in the UT.